CANMAKE MAKEUP FIRST IMPRESSIONS

03:02


In case you've not read my previous article about how to achieve flattering eyes without the need for an eyeliner, click HERE.
I've introduced Canmake in detail and also did a mini makeup tutorial in there with their products!
So previously in that article, I talked about how much I started paying attention to this brand when they released their purple blush collection but unfortunately, I don't own one.
MUCH TO MY SURPRISE, they sent me two of their purple powder cheek blush and a few other products!

Ah, without further rambling, let's start!


Canmake Flaring Curl Mascara Volume Plus 


Even though I said I was very hyped about the blushes, this product has got to be my favorite one among the rest. I was very happy with the quality of this mascara.
I've always wanted to try brown mascara but I didn't exactly want to buy so many tubes of mascaras which I can't finish BUT when I do want to achieve that soft look, it gets a little frustrating.

DID YOU KNOW?
Brown mascaras are able to blend well with your eyes and create that super soft look but sometimes they blend too much while black tends to look fierce.
This mascara though is a special case,
it contains black fibers (which I'll explain further below) and thus making this mascara's color chocolate black. So you get to look soft and sassy at the same time.
NOW, HOW COOL IS THAT?


Those tiny black strands of hairs are the black fibers. Black fibers are usually added to make mascaras jet black.
I love how easy the application of this mascara is. It's very light-weight and it doesn't make my lashes feel heavy even though it's focused on volumizing your lashes. Although I must say that this mascara is more to lengthening my lashes more than volumizing.
I have my Maybelline ones and even though they seem to really volumize my lashes, they tend to feel rather heavy.

Before mascara application.


After the mascara application.
My lashes look longer and much more flattering than my non-existent ones in the first photo.
I like everything about this mascara except for one thing which is the black fibers.
I like the concept of it but with my experience of using it for over a month now,
I found the con of this mascara.
Some of the black fibers fall throughout the day and most of the times, it gets into my eyes and it's super frustrating.
It gets itchy and I really wanna rub my eyes to remove the black fiber but that'd smudge my eye makeup.
Usually, I give in and rub my eyes because it's too painful to have something stuck in your eyes.
BUT, don't worry! They don't exactly drop ALL of the black fibers ALL OF THE TIME.
Sometimes, mistakes can happen, right?

I'll definitely repurchase this product though!

PROS

  • lengthens the lashes
  • eyes look softer
  • smooth application
  • doesn't feel heavy
  • waterproof!
  • no clumping

CONS

  • black fibers may drop
  • volumizing effect not very obvious
PRICE: RM40.90



Canmake Gokubuto Mascara

The packaging is so kawaii and this is how you know this mascara is to achieve those cute fluttery lashes look!
I like the gold detailing on the mascara and everything is just so cute.
This is the jet black mascara which claims to give you ultra volumizing lashes.


The consistency of the mascara isn't dry at all and application is also quite smooth.
I find that when applying this mascara, it will not clump together but when it dries on your lashes,
there are clumps here and there.

The volumizing effect is good as you can see my lashes look thicker and much longer.
The sad part is that it doesn't really hold my curl well. I wonder if it's because of the thick formula that gives you that fluttery look which makes my lashes droop a little and not hold the curl properly.
Other than the clumps and handling the curl, I find this mascara suitable for when you need some glam on your eyes!

PROS

  • lengthens the lashes
  • lashes look thicker
  • smooth application
  • very cute packaging
  • waterproof! (but comes off with warm/hot water)
  • brush works very practically

CONS

  • clumping
  • doesn't really hold curls
PRICE: RM40.90


Canmake Lip Tint Matte



I have so many favorites in this article I think it's crazy.
To be honest, like super honest, Canmake really exceeded my expectations.
They're all reasonably priced plus their products deliver so well.
I'm very impressed.
This is the lip tint but in MATTE form which is one of their latest products.
I love love love the formula and colors.
It claims to be non-sticky and long-lasting.
Look at how cute the packaging is? Gosh, I'm loving the gold detailing they put on their products.

This applicator is my most pleased part of this whole lip tint design.
I have a handful of lip products which uses the same kind of spatula but NONE of them are as soft as this Canmake lip tint's.
The softness of this spatula is very practical when getting inner corners of your lips and generally putting on the lip tint.
The application process is also very smooth BUT one thing to look out for is to WAIT FOR THE FIRST LAYER TO DRY BEFORE PUTTING ANOTHER LAYER.
The reason is that when your layer is partly dry or still wet, putting on another layer will result in patches. Some part will be swiped away and you'll need to fill that single part up and everything will look weird.

Personally, I feel like one layer looks best. It has a creamy consistency but when blended and dried, it'll look velvety and matte.
I was sent three colors which are #01 Coral, #02 Red, and #03 Rose.
SWATCHES:



CORAL



RED



ROSE
*my personal fav!!*

As you can see from the swatches, when blended it creates a soft and translucent finish.


 CORAL

Gradient lip. (Very minor patches)


Full lip (Pretty patchy)

If you're worried about the patchiness, don't fret!
It's not noticeable and obvious in person! :)


RED


Gradient lip.


Full lip.

RED is very cool toned so it brightens up your teeth!



ROSE


Gradient lip.


Full lip.
ROSE became my favorite because it's an MLBB shade and wearable for daily uses!


PROS

  • creamy formula
  • soft spatula for smooth application
  •  cute packaging
  • doesn't transfer! (works with only one layer!)
  • not drying

CONS

  • patchy
  • doesn't really last long! need to keep applying throughout the day
  • size a little too small
PRICE: RM40.40

Canmake Powder Cheek



This is what the blush claimed to be able to deliver.
The fact that even their blush contained hyaluronic acid makes everything so much more exciting!
The blush is indeed in the translucent finish and the blush itself feels very silky.
I know purple blush sounds really weird, I used to think that way too BUT
did you know purple blush is able to help you achieve a youthful glow?
It can also banish dullness!


The blush comes with a compact little brush. Very handy! I have some blushes that don't come with brushes and it's difficult to spread blush on my cheeks whenever I forget to bring a brush.


I feel like Canmake really knows how to captivate the hearts of people who loves kawaii and cute products.
LOOK AT THE FLOWER DETAILING.
SO CUTE.


The brush itself is very soft and picks up the blush very well.




PW38 PLUM PINK
This shade is so gorgeous I'm actually in so much awe.
I really really love the mauve tone in this blush and it's perfect for when you want a stronger makeup look!
Your cheeks can look flushed naturally with this shade.



PW39 VIOLET PURPLE
This is the magical purple blush guys! It looks pinkish in certain angles and the purple tone is not very strong, but you can still see it.
This violet can enchance the translucence of your skin and achieve that glow for you!


Swatch of:
UP - Plum Pink
DOWN - Violet Purple

You can see the purple blush glows a little while the plum pink remains matte.
Oh and not to mention the lasting power of this product, it's AMAZING.
Applies on the skin very easily and smoothly and also super pigmented.
I don't really have a con for this product honestly.
I like everything about this product!

PRICE: RM39.50

Overall, I feel like Canmake is a very trustable company and they deliver mostly what they claim to do. If you're a newbie in makeup and looking for product and brands to try out,
Canmake is the perfect one for you!
Affordable and in good quality! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments